Questions and answers
1. Name the different learning styles? (5)
* Visual learner – seeing
* Auditory learner – hearing
* Kin aesthetic learner- Moving
* Tactile learner- touching
2. What makes up ones learning style?(5)
* How do you take in information- visually, kin aesthetically or additive. * How do you organize and process information- dominant right or left brain, which processes analytically or globally. * Which circumstances are needed to store or process information- emotional, social, physical and environmental?
3. Distinguish between learning styles and thinking styles? (5) * A learning style is more or less a consistent way in which a person perceives, conceptualizes, organizes and recalls information. * Your thinking style is your characteristic way of processing information. It's the way you acquire your knowledge, organize your thoughts, form your views and opinions, apply your values, solve problems, make decisions, plan, and express yourself to others.
4. Do you think that the learning style of a learner should play any role in the choice of methods used in the learning programme? (10) * “Yes” Each learner should be analyzed based on their specific learning styles, and teachers should be able to cater for these different learning styles regularly throughout every learning sequence. * Using different methods, techniques and activities to suite the learner’s specific learning style. * Students learn better and more quickly if the teaching methods used match their preferred learning styles. * Student will learn best if taught in a method deemed appropriate for the student's learning style. 5. Lloyd Geering distinguishes the following psychological types? * The extraverted thinkers – abound in management, military strategy and some forms of science. * The introverted thinker – interested in ideas for their own sake. * Extraverted feeling types- interested deeply in other people. * Introverted feeling types- agonies over the world’s problem and sees them as burdens. * Extraverted sensation types- sport loving, thrill seeking, pleasure seeker. * Introverted sensation type- uninterested and unsatisfied with the world. * Extraverted intuitive people-enter new relationships but not dependable, jump from one interest to another. * Introverted intuitive people-visionaries and dreamers.
6. Name and discuss the different thinking styles?
* Concrete sequential- it is an orderly linear way of thinking where detail is perceived and facts, formulas and rules are applied with ease. * Concrete random- the experimenter bases everything on reality and has a need for alternative ways of doing things. * Abstract random- this person organizes information without reflection or structure and bases his or her decisions on emotions. Thinking process, logical and intellectual. * Abstract sequential- theoretical and abstract thought and concentrates on the important facts 7. What a learning style?
* A learning style is more or less a consistent way in which a person perceives, conceptualizes, organizes and recalls information. 8. What a thinking style is?
* Your thinking style is your characteristic way of processing information. It's the way you acquire your knowledge, organize your thoughts, form your views and opinions, apply your values, solve problems, make decisions, plan, and express yourself to others. 9. Name the different forms of intelligence as postulated by Howard Gardner? (10) 1. Linguistic intelligence – language and oral ability and skill in using words. 2. Logical- mathematical intelligence- the ability to debate and to think and react in a logical manner. 3. Visual-spatial intelligence- the ability to create work of art. 4. Musical intelligence- the ability to create through music. 5. Bodily-kinesthetic intelligence- a natural...