Multiple Choice Questions
(The answers are provided after the last question.)
1. What is the median of the following set of scores?
18, 6, 12, 10, 14 ?
2. Approximately what percentage of scores fall within one standard deviation of the mean in a normal distribution?
3. The denominator (bottom) of the z-score formula is
a. a. The standard deviation
b. b. The difference between a score and the mean
c. c. The range
d. d. The mean
4. Let's suppose we are predicting score on a training posttest from number of years
of education and the score on an aptitude test given before training. Here is the regression
equation Y = 25 + .5X1 +10X2,
where X1 = years of education and X2 = aptitude test score.
What is the
predicted score for someone with 10 years of education and a aptitude test score of 5?
5. The standard deviation is:
a. The square root of the variance
b. A measure of variability
c. An approximate indicator of how numbers vary from the mean
d. All of the above
6. Hypothesis testing and estimation are both types of descriptive statistics.
7. A set of data organized in a participants(rows)-by-variables(columns) format is known as a “data set.”
8. A graph that uses vertical bars to represent data is called a ____.
a. Line graph
b. Bar graph
d. Vertical graph
9. The goal of ___________ is to focus on summarizing and explaining a specific set of data.
a. Inferential statistics
b. Descriptive statistics
c. None of the above
d. All of the above
10. The most frequently occurring number in a set of values is called the ____.
11. As a general rule, the _______ is the best measure of central tendency because it is more precise.
12. Focusing on describing or... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 07). Exam 1 Study. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 07, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Exam-1-Study-1834404.html
"Exam 1 Study" StudyMode.com. 07 2013. 2013. 07 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Exam-1-Study-1834404.html>.
- MLA 7
"Exam 1 Study." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 07 2013. Web. 07 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Exam-1-Study-1834404.html>.
"Exam 1 Study." StudyMode.com. 07, 2013. Accessed 07, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Exam-1-Study-1834404.html.