Essay Question: Is terrorist political violence primarily due to identity (culture, ethnicity, religion, etc) or economic (poverty, unemployment, etc) grievances?
Key Concepts: Terrorist, Political, Violence, Identity, Economic
* Terrorist: Radical, rebel, revolutionary, law breaker, tyrant, extremist, fanatic,
* Political: Constitutional, legislative, bureaucratic, civic, governmental, parliamentary, civil,
* Violence: Brutality, ferocity, destructiveness, coercion, disorder, disturbance, frenzy, rampage, turbulence, onslaught, vehemence
* Identity: Identification, integrity, oneness, particularity, uniqueness, individuality, distinctiveness, selfhood, personality
* Economic: budgetary, fiscal, mercantile, monetary, financial, commercial, pecuniary
(Fanatic or Extremist or Terrorist) AND (Governmental or Civil or Political) AND (Vehemence or Disorder or Violence) AND (Individuality or Uniqueness or Identity) AND (Pecuniary or Financial or Economic)
* Lawrence, Sherry Renee. Ethnic Identity, Grievance and Political Behavior: Being Palestinian in Israel. Austin: n.p., 2004. Web. 01 Feb. 2013. .
* Krieger, Tim, and Daniel Meierrieks. What Causes Terrorism? N.p.: n.p., n.d. What Causes Terrorism? - Springer. 01 Apr. 2011. Web. 02 Feb. 2013. .
* Sandler, Todd, and Walter Enders. Terrorism, Economic Development and Political Openness. N.p.: n.p., 2008. Cambridge University Press. Web. 02 Feb. 2013. .
* Weinberg, Leonard, and Ami Pedahzur. "The Social and Religious Characteristics of Suicide Bombers and Their Victims." Taylor and Francis. N.p., 04 June 2010. Web. 07 Feb. 2013. .
* Blomberg, S.Brock, Gregory D. Hess, and Akila Weerapana. "Economic Conditions and Terrorism:European Journal of Political Economy." ScienceDirect.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Feb. 2013. .
* Krueger, Alan B., and Jitka Maleckova. "EDUCATION, POVERTY, POLITICAL VIOLENCE AND...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document