Owner(s)| Walter Seitz| Start Date:| April 18, 2011|
Scheduled Completion Date:| June 30, 2012|
Mission| The Purpose: The construction of a new plant in Huntsville, Alabama for the SEITZ Corporation to be operational by June 30, 2012| |
Scope| The new plant in Huntsville, Alabama will manufacture small to medium sized plastic bottles and containers, used mainly in the food and dairy industries.
Objectives: | To construct and operationalize the new plant in Huntsville, Alabama for the SEITZ Corporation by June 30, 2012 within the allocated budget of $2,750,000.
Assumptions| 1. The project team should be staffed and ready by March 18, 2011, giving 1 month to prepare for the start of planning of construction, site procurement etc. 2. The architect selection, real estate selection needs to be completed by April 1, 2011 3. Acquiring land and permits in Huntsville is not met with any unusual legal constraints. 4. The labor market around Huntsville is sufficiently large to be able to serve the line requirements emerging at the new plant.
Constraints| 1. The costs for staffing and constructing the new plant can be covered by the stated budget 2. The design for the new plant will be the one that was created by Mr. Joe Downs.
Time/Decision Points| 1. Project Team on-board: March 15, 2011 2. Project Start Date: April 18, 2011
3. Project End Date: 30th June, 2012
4. Architect and Real Estate Finalized: April 17, 2011
5. Building plan and floor plan approved: May 30, 2011
6. Equipment Specs finalized: May 30, 2011
7. Equipment Vendors finalized: June 30, 2011
8. Land and Permits Acquired: June 30, 2011
9. Equipment Ordered as per specs: June 30, 2011
10. Building construction complete: March 30, 2012
11. Line recruitment completed for new plant: April 30, 2012 12. Installation...