1. True or False? A community is a group of people who have common characteristics.
2. True or False? Choosing to eat wisely, regularly wearing a safety belt, and visiting the physician are examples of community health activities.
3. True or False? Physical factors affecting community health include geography, community size, and industrial development.
4. True or False? Politics and religion are examples of social and cultural factors affecting community health.
5. True or False? There has been no evidence of community health activities dating back over 1,000 years.
6. True or False? Dr. Edward Jenner successfully demonstrated the process of vaccination as a protection against smallpox in the 20th century.
7. True or False? Government health agencies began being created as a response to epidemics and mounting health problems in the later part of the 18th century.
8. True or False? The reform phase of public health was characterized by social movements to improve health conditions in cities and in the workplace.
9. True or False? A time of great growth in health care facilities and providers describes the spiritual era of public health.
10. True or False? Upton Sinclair's book, “The Jungle,” drew attention to the plight of immigrants in the meat packing industry.
11. True or False? Health care delivery is public health concern of the 21st century.
12. True or False? Leading causes of death in the United States today are communicable diseases.
13. True or False? Disasters such as spills of toxic substances into the environment are considered natural disasters.
14. True or False? The ability of the health care system to prevent, protect against, quickly respond to, and recover from health emergencies defines medical preparedness.
15. True or False? The World Health Organization (WHO) is a leader in world health planning for the 21st century.
16. Actions that society takes collectively to ensure that the conditions in which people can be healthy can occur defines A) public health
B) community health
D) population health
17. Eating wisely, wearing a safety belt, and visiting a physician are examples of A) community health activities
B) personal health activities
C) physical factors affecting community health
D) social factors affecting community health
18. In looking at factors affecting community health, community size is a A) social factor
B) cultural factor
C) physical factor
D) political factor
19. A rebirth of thinking about the nature of the world and humankind occurred during the A) middle ages
B) renaissance and exploration era
C) twentieth century
D) bacteriological period of public health
20. The beginning of government's major involvement in social issues, including health, was marked by the A) Social Security Act of 1935
B) Establishment of Medicare in 1965
C) United States involvement in World War II
D) Hill-Burton Act in 1946
21. Community health concern of the 21st century include
A) lifestyle diseases
B) environmental problems
C) health care delivery
D) all of the above
22. Differences in health among different populations defines A) population health
B) health disparities
Please join StudyMode to read the full document