2. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration promulgated a rule requiring warehouse employees to wear hardhats when in the vicinity of an operating forklift. The purpose of the hardhats is to protect employees from danger of falling objects. This rule is:
3. Henry David Thoreau felt that war was unjust and therefore refused to pay his taxes when the United States declared war on Mexico. If Henry David Thoreau's neighbor agreed that war was unjust but paid his taxes because the law required him to pay the tax, the neighbor would be applying the jurisprudence theory of:
4. The government itself prosecutes the wrongdoer in a case involving behavior so threatening that society outlaws it altogether. This kind of case involves:
5. The three branches of government in the United States are:
The administrative, executive, and statutory
The administrative, legislative, and international
The executive, legislative, and judicial
The executive, legislative, and administrative
6. In 1994, the Arizona Supreme Court decided the case of Hernandez v. Arizona Board of Regents and found a duty of care to avoid furnishing alcohol to underage consumers. If in 2008 a Flagstaff, Arizona plaintiff brings a lawsuit against an Arizona university’s fraternity for providing alcohol to members under the legal drinking age, the Hernandez v. Arizona Board of Regents case will serve as precedent.
7. Which school of jurisprudence is based on the philosophy that what matters is not what is written as law, but who... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). Commercial Law. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Commercial-Law-1517146.html
"Commercial Law" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Commercial-Law-1517146.html>.
- MLA 7
"Commercial Law." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Commercial-Law-1517146.html>.
"Commercial Law." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Commercial-Law-1517146.html.