Directions: Choose from among the suggested answers the word that means most nearly the same as the word in capital letters. On your Answer Sheet, shade completely the box that corresponds to your answer.
21. Ang PAGAL na guro ay sandaling tumigil bago muling nagpatuloy sa pagsasalita. 1. pagod2. galit3. pihikan
4. mabagal5. mahinahon
22. A special group in the police force is believe to be engage in FURTIVE activities. 1. illegal2. suspicious3. unusual
4. worthy5. secret
23. The Defense presented its case to the jury in a TRENCHANT manner. 1. Legalistic2. dignified3. vague
4. emphatic5. cautious
24. Ang mga magbubukid ay NABIHASA sa paggamit ng kalabaw bilang katulong nila sa pagsasaka. 1. nagsawa2. nagtiwala3. nasanay
4. natuto5. nahirapan
25. Pilo’s insensitivity has created ANIMOSITY to the worker’s demands. 1. distrust2. hostility3. fear
4. distance5. dependence
26. The baffled owner ACQUIESCED to the worker’s demands. 1. opposed2. reacted3. agreed
4. resisted5. listened
27. The recommendation of the wage council is REPUGNANT to the employers. 1. acceptable2. objectionable3. beneficial
4. degrading5. embarrassing
28. Sanctuaries for wildlife have DWINDLED alarmingly in the last decade. 1. disappeared2. changed3. decreased
4. multiplied5. deteriorated
29. Recklessness always entails JEOPARDY.
1. danger2. crisis3. apprehension
4. control5. aggression
30. Business, like life, is much too extensive and LEQUESCENT to be wholly contained by any checklist, formula or theory. 1. structured2. changeable3. complicated
4. shapeless5. confusing
Directions: In each of the following sentences is a blank space indicating that a word or group of words has been omitted....