Study Guide for Chapter 5 Test
1. Who fought in the French and Indian War? Who won? What happened after?
-England vs. French and Indian
-England took total control
2. What was the Proclamation of 1763? What was it suppose to stop?
-Forbade settlement west of the Appalachian Mountains
-stop fighting between Indians and English
3. Why did England pass the Stamp Act? What did it do?
-British needed money to pay for the French and Indian war
-required stamps on all kinds of documents
4. What was the Tea Act? What did it lead to?
-gave East India Tea company control of tea trade
-led to the Boston Tea Party
5. Where was the Edenton Tea Party?
6. What was the first battle of the American Revolution?
-battle of Lexington and Concord
7. What colonies are in the New England?
8. What colonies are in the Middle Colonies?
9. What colonies are in the Southern Colonies?
10. What was the Sugar Act? What was the reaction of the colonists?
-Tax on sugar
-Colonists say, “No Taxation without Representation”
11. What happened at the Battles of Moore’s Creek Bridge?
-Whigs greased planks
-50 Tories were shot
-20 miles North of Wilmington
12. Where and when was the Declaration of Independence written and approved?
-Approved - July 4, 1776
-Written - Philadelphia, PA
13. What does the first paragraph of the Declaration of Independence say?
-We have to separate
-We feel it’s necessary to tell you why we must separate
14. What are our three unalienable rights according to the Declaration of Independence?
-Pursuit of Happiness
15. What do the colonists have the right to do since the King has done them wrong and proved to be an unfit leader according to the Declaration of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document