It is advised that teachers should assign the students to do a simple market research with the objective of finding out a product /service whose marketing may be profitable like
iv. Bathing soap
v. Washing detergent
vi. Washing powder
ix. Shoe polish
xii. Hair dye
xvi. Ready soups
xvii. Body spray
xviii. Fairness cream
xix. Hair oil
xx. Roasted Snacks
xxviii. Shaving cream
xxx. Cheese spreads
xxxi. e -Wash
xxxii. Tiffin wallah
Any more as suggested by the teacher.
The teacher must ensure that the identified product should not be items whose consumption /use is discouraged by the society and government like alcohol products/ pan masala and tobacco products, etc. Identify one product/service from the above which the students may like to manufacture/provide [pre assumption]. Now the students are required to make a project on the identified product/ service keeping in mind the following.
1. Why have they selected this product/service?
2. Find out ‘5’ competitive brands that exist in the market.
3. What permission and licences would be required to make the product?
4. What are your competitors Unique Selling Proposition.[U.S.P.]?
5. Does your product have any range give details?
6. What is the name of your product?
7. Enlist its features.
8. Draw the ‘Label’ of your product.
9. Draw a logo for your product.
10. Draft a tag line.
11. What is the selling price of your competitor’s product?
(i) Selling price to consumer
(ii) Selling price to retailer
(iii) Selling price to wholesaler
What is the profit margin in percentage to the
12. How will your product be packed?
13. Which channel of distribution are you going to use? Give reasons for selection?
14. Decisions related ot warehousing, state reasons.
15. What is going to be your selling price?
(i) To consumer
(ii) To retailer
(iii) To wholesaler
16. List 5 ways of promoting your product.
17. Any schemes for
(i) The wholesaler
(ii) The retailer
(iii) The consumer
18. What is going to be your ‘U.S.P?
19. What means of transport you will use and why?
20. Draft a social message for your label.
21. What cost effective techniques will you follow for your product.
22. What cost effective techniques will you follow for your promotion plan.
At this stage the students will realise the importance of the concept of marketing mix and the necessary decision regarding the four P’s of marketing.
On the basis of the work done by the students the project report should include the following:
1. Type of product /service identified and the (consumer/industries) process involve there in.
2. Brand name and the product.
3. Range of the product.
4. Identification mark or logo.
6. Labelling and packaging.
7. Price of the product and basis of price fixation.
8. Selected channels of distribution and reasons thereof.
9. Decisions related to transportation and warehousing. State reasons.
10. Promotional techniques used and starting reasons for deciding the particular technique.
11. Grading and standardisation.
PRESENTATION AND SUBMISSION OF PROJECT REPORT.
At the end of the stipulated term, each student will prepare and submit his/her project report. Following essentials are required to be fulfilled for its preparation and submission.
1. The total length of the project will be of 25 to...