Case Study 1
Location: Family Support Services Center
Staff member: Tom Martin
* Age: 32
* Gender: Male
* Marital status: Divorced
* Race or ethnicity: Caucasian
* Years with agency: 4
* Staff member history and current assessment
* Employed as an individual counselor for adult clients
* Considered an adequate, but not outstanding, counselor
* Two previous client complaints that could not be substantiated
* A review of Tom’s previous case files shows four female clients who terminated counseling with no explanation
* Female client of Tom has informed supervisor that he had made inappropriate sexual comments, bought her presents, had one out-of-office dat’, and implied that he could help get custody of her children back from protective service with a favorable treatment report
* Tom initially denied these accusations when they were presented to him but does admit that he is attracted to client
For Tom Martin I would have to release him from the Family Support Services Center because of the complaint to a former female client in which Tom had made inappropriate sexual comments, bought her presents, and had an out of the office date and bribery. Even though Tom had denied any of these accusations, the client is always right and in this case it doesn’t matter if the client was lying or not, Tom stated the he was attracted to his female clients. He also had two previous complaints and had four previous clients who terminated their sessions without any explanation.
There are no real strategies for this scenario because keeping tom is too much of a risk because as much as it may seem like something very small that he is doing now. It is only a matter of time until something major happens and then because of what tom has been doing it will come back onto you and then you would get... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 10). Case Manager Scenario. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Case-Manager-Scenario-1185651.html
"Case Manager Scenario" StudyMode.com. 10 2012. 2012. 10 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Case-Manager-Scenario-1185651.html>.
- MLA 7
"Case Manager Scenario." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 10 2012. Web. 10 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Case-Manager-Scenario-1185651.html>.
"Case Manager Scenario." StudyMode.com. 10, 2012. Accessed 10, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Case-Manager-Scenario-1185651.html.