Exam 2 Study Guide
Note: The guide below represents approximately 90% of what will be on your exam. Know this stuff, and dig into your notes for anything major I’ve missed here. I’m targeting about 37 questions – all multiple choice.
* Review any major-in class examples. Like Enron & Tyco proxy discussions… * Check e-campus for the 5 Exam 2 readings
* One “big picture” question from each of the posted WSJ articles * Know definitions of the Corporate-level Strategies and all particulars therein * Restructuring
* Joint venture
* Strategic Alliance
* Blue Ocean
* Chapter 11
* Chapter 7
* Both steps, and what occurs in each step
* Take a close look at Mergers and Acquisitions - objectives for, and problems with… * Diversification:
* What are the five “good” reasons for diversifying? * What is related and unrelated diversification?
* What theories or ideas are related and unrelated diversifications based on? * There is an inverted “U” relationship between firm diversification and firm performance. In other words, at some point increased diversification is thought to impede performance. Why is this? * What does “fit” mean regarding related diversification * What are control costs?
* What does dominant logic mean? How can it work (or not)? * How do you repair an over-diversified firm?
* What is CEO duality? What does it mean in the context of governance? * What is the definition of board insiders and outsiders? * What criteria might make a board outsider “tainted”? You know, affiliated directors, suppliers, … * Corporate governance refers to the relationships among which three groups? What is the hierarchy among these three groups? * In a typical firm agency relationship, which...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document