Cell wallcell membranenucleusribosomelysosomemitochondriaciliaflagellumvacuoleschloroplasts
1. This organelle takes sunlight, water and carbon dioxide and can make organic food molecules and oxygen. Chloroplast
2. This organelle is constructed of cellulose and supports plant cells and prevents them from blowing up. Cellulos
3. This organelle contains enzymes for intracellular hydrolysis of food molecules. Lysosom
4. This organelle takes in food molecules and oxygen and can transfer the food energy to ATP batteries, which will eventually collision energy for chemical reactions. Products of these events are carbon dioxide and water. Mitocondria
5. These organelles are used for cell mobility.
Flagella and Cilia
6. This organelle contains the genetic code to design all the cell’s proteins. Nucleus
7. This organelle is a non-membrane. It is the location of amino acid dehydration synthesis. Ribosom
8a. This organelle model is described as fluid mosaic. It is composed of fluid lipids and mosaic proteins. What are two functions of mosaic proteins? Cell Membrane. Structure and Transportation.
8b. What terms implies that only certain molecules are chosen to go in and out of a cell? Permiable
8c.What kind of cells can make their own food and then eat it? Give an example. Plant Cells. Photosynthesis
8d. What kind of cells must get food to eat? Give an example. Animal cell and Fungus cell and Bacteria
8e. What kind of cells do not have any internal membrane? Give an example. Bacteria.
Use as many terms as you need.
Not spontaneouspumppassive transportdownhill
9a. Going from 80% water to 60% water.
9b. Going from a high concentration to a low concentration.
9c. Going from a high to low gradient.
9d. Going from crowded to less crowded.
10a. Going from 33% sodium to 76% sodium.
10b. Going from low concentration to high concentration.
10c. Going from a low gradient to a high gradient.
10d. Going from less crowded to more crowded.
11. My field of vision is 739 mm, under 700 power. If I change to 400 power, what is my field of vision in micrometers? Show your math work and all units.
12. Complete the chart to summarize plant cell, animal cell and virus similarities and differences. Use terms and/or diagrams and/or short phrases.
|Plant |Animal |Virus | |Chloroplast |Mitocondria |DNA | |Mitocondria |DNA | | |DNA |Ribosome | | |Ribosome | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
13. If the total magnification of a microscope is 430X and that of the eyepiece is 10X, the magnification of the high power objective is ___________________.
14. The amount of light reaching the objective lens of a compound microscope is regulated by the ___________________.
15. For a specimen to be in focus under high power, the objective lens is closer or...