As you read this week’s textbook reading assignments, take notes in response to these questions and statements. This study guide will help you to prepare for your quiz.
Fee and Stuart: Pages 55 – 70
1. True or False: The epistles are generally pretty easy to interpret according to the text.
2. What is the difference between ‘real letters’ and epistles according to Diessmann?
3. What is an occasional document? Why are they sometimes difficult to interpret?
4. True or False: The epistle were written primarily to expound theology.
5. What do the writers mean by THINK PARAGRAPHS?
6. Know the authors’ recommendations for dealing with the problem passages found in the epistles.
1. What is the great flaw of common hermeneutics the authors mention? Know the examples of the flaw.
2. Know “The Basic Rule” and “The Second Rule”.
3. What is “The Problem of Extended Application”?
4. Understand the comment about Romans 14.
5. Understand the comments about the central core of the Bible and what is dependent on it and peripheral to it.
6. Know the “Problem of Task Theology”.
Harbin: Chapter 23
1. Why were there apparently no synagogues in Philippi, and what did Paul do as a result?
2. Why did Paul get into trouble with some businessmen in Philippi?
3. What happened while Paul and Silas were in prison?
4. Why did Paul have trouble with the Jews in Thessalonica?
5. What distinguished the Jews in Berea?
6. What did Paul do in Athens while he was waiting for his friends?
7. Whom did Paul meet in Corinth, and how did they work together?
8. Why did Paul write two letters to the Thessalonians? What was their content?
9. What did Paul and Silas do at the end of their stay in Corinth
1. What pattern of evangelism did Paul use in every new city, including Ephesus?
2. What were the results of the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 10). Bible 104 Module 7. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Bible-104-Module-7-1128826.html
"Bible 104 Module 7" StudyMode.com. 10 2012. 2012. 10 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Bible-104-Module-7-1128826.html>.
- MLA 7
"Bible 104 Module 7." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 10 2012. Web. 10 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Bible-104-Module-7-1128826.html>.
"Bible 104 Module 7." StudyMode.com. 10, 2012. Accessed 10, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Bible-104-Module-7-1128826.html.