Assessment Centre Design
for selection of
HEAD PLANNING & PRODUCTION
NAME OF THE ORGANISATION
Micro Inks LTD.
NATURE OF BUSINESS
Manufacture of printing inks.
ref : “10220409016”
|Sr.No. |Particulars |Page | |1 |Profile of Head Planning and Production |3 | |2 |Competency requirements and their descriptions |5 | |3 |Competency – Tool matrix |8 | |4 |Schedule for Assessment Centre |9 | | |Tools – Description and evaluation forms | | |5 |In Basket Exercise |10 | |6 |Case Study |16 | |7 |Role Play |19 | |8 |Business Game |20 | |9 |Presentation |21 | |10 |Psychometric Test |22 | |11 |Behavioural Event Interview |24 | PROFILE OF HEAD PLANNING & PRODUCTION
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to coordinate with various departments, plan and direct production activities, analyse data of operations in order to ensure costs within specified limits, internal customer satisfaction, safe working practices, statutory compliance, competent and enthusiastic workforce.
1. Total No. of Subordinates: 6
2. Annual Operating Budget: 35 crores
3. Any other Dimension (Please specify): 1000 employees.
1. Convert sales forecast into a production plan
2. Monitor plant level yield and cost parameters
3. Drive quality, cost and yield improvement initiatives
4. Ensure cross departmental harmony
5. Set targets for plant in charges
6. Carry out periodic performance reviews
7. Finalise production budgets
8. Suggest process improvement ideas
9. Identify and develop competence
1. Cost and quality targets achieved.
2. Enhanced competence of the workforce
3. Sound systems in place
4. Performance Oriented production activities.
5. Compliance to Quality, Environment and OH&S management systems. 6. Efficient production processes
COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS AND THEIR DESCRIPTIONS
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
1. Organisation and Business Awareness
The job needs
a. Understanding of the economic drivers in industry and how value is created at all levels in the organization. b. Knowledge to pro-actively scan the market place for information on political, economic, and technological and other developments outside the normal boundaries of the business. c. The understanding of how the organization is positioned for the future relative to its environment.
2. Ink manufacturing and trouble shooting
a. The job calls for proficiency in the ink manufacturing technologies and the awareness of the problems and ink...