1. Analyze the cultural and economic responses of TWO of the following groups to the Indians of North America before 1750.
2. Analyze the differences between the Spanish settlements in the Southwest and the English Colonies in New England in the 17th century in terms of TWO of the following:
3. How did economic, geographic and social factors encourage the growth of slavery as an important part of the economy of the southern colonies between 1607 – 1775?
4. Compare the ways in which religion shaped the development of colonial society (to 1740) in TWO of the following regions:
5. Analyze the impact of the Atlantic Trade Routes established in the mid 1600’s on economic development in the British North American colonies. Consider the period 1650 – 1750.
6. Compare the ways in which TWO of the following reflected tensions in colonial society.
Bacon’s Rebellion (1676)
Pueblo Revolt (1680)
Salem Witchcraft Trials (1692)
Stono Rebellion (1739)
7. “Geography was the primary factor in shaping the development of the British colonies in North America.” Assess the validity of this statement.
8. Compare and contrast the culture and economy of the southern colonies with that of the New England Colonies.
9. Early encounters between American Indians and European colonists led to a variety of relationships among the different cultures.
Analyze how the actions taken by BOTH American Indians and European colonists shaped those relationships in TWO of the following regions. Confine your answer to the 1600s.
New EnglandSpanish Southwest