BSCM Sample TEST.
1. Which of the following demand fulfillment approaches typically provides the longest delivery time ? A) Engineer-to-order. C) Assemble-to-order. B) Make-to-order. D) Make-to-stock.
2. Which of the following is generally a characteristic of a product-focused layout ? A) Large queues at workstations. C) Production to a work order. B) Fixed flow of work. D) General purpose workstations.
3. Which of the following is generally a function of the physical distribution system ? A) Production activity control. C) Packaging. B) Production planning. D) Bill of material.
4. Forecasts are typically more accurate for the near future than they are for the longer future. This occurs because A) The near term holds less uncertainty than the long term. B) More data is available in the near term. C) Aggregate data is easier to forecast. D) The future is more dynamic in the near term.
5. A forecast is typically more accurate for A) Groups of items rather than for individual items. B) Daily rather than monthly periods of time. C) Physical units rather than monetary units. D) Far out in the future rather than nearer time periods.
- 1 -
BSCM Sample TEST
6. An anticipated build schedule can be BEST described as A) Production plan. C) Materials requirements plan. B) Capacity plan. D) Master production schedule.
7. Which of the following is MOST likely to be a dependent demand item ? A) A manufactured subassembly. C) A service part. B) An item in a grocery store. D) An office supply item.
8. Which of the following manufactured product types are BEST suited for flow manufacturing ? A) Wide range of disparate products. B) Limited range of similar products. C) Low volume of similar products. D) High volume of disparate products.
9. The master production schedule is generally a direct input to A) Production planning. C) Purchasing planning B) Material requirements planning (MRP). D) Production activity control (PAC).
10. A company needs to produce 4000 units over the next two months. There are 21 working days in the first month and 19 working days in the second month. What must the daily rate be with a level strategy ? A) 50 B) 75 C) 100 D) 125
11. The portion of a company's inventory and planned production which is not already committed is A) Inventory allocation. C) Available to promise. B) Inventory commitment. D) Multi-plant planning.
- 2 -
CPIM(Certified In Production & Inventory Management)
12. Final assembly scheduling usually occurs when A) A customer order is received. C) The MPS is established. B) Planning a build schedule. D) Capacity is constrained.
Item 13 is based on the following data. Beginning inventory = 200 units Ending inventory = 200 units Sales forecast: Month Quantity 1 2 3 4 5 200 300 200 400 300
13. What is the required monthly production to achieve level production ? A) 220 units B) 240 units C) 280 units D) 340 units
14. In order for a forecast to signal negative bias, the tracking signal would be A) Less than one. B) More than one. C) Equal to one. D) Equal to zero.
15. Which of the following identifies the demand for capacity at a work center in a specific time period ? A) Bill of labor. C) Scheduled receipts. B) Dispatch list. D) Work center load.
16. A forecast analyst has just extracted the recent actual sales history and, in reviewing the data, notices several outliers. The analyst should most likely A) Rerun the data to ensure there were no errors in the extract. B) Rerun the data but remove the outliers. C) Ignore the outliers and use the forecasts as is. D) Refer to the tracking signal.
- 3 -
BSCM Sample TEST
Items 17 and 18 are based on the following indented bill of material. Level 0 1 2 2 1 1 Part A B C E C G Quantity per not applicable 2 2 2 4 4
17. How many units of part C are required to produce one unit of part A ? A) 2 B) 4 C) 6 D) 8
18. Which of the items...