What is Communication?
1. Communication is the process of sharing information, thoughts and feelings between persons whether it is verbal or non-verbal. 2. Communication is a two way process of sending and receiving information either verbal or non-verbal. 3. ***Communication is the exchange and flow of information and ideas from one person to another.
4. What are the elements of communication?
The elements of communication are as follows:
* Brown, B. (2011, April 26). Effective Communication. Retrieved January 24, 2013, from Livestrong: http://www.livestrong.com/article/69309-effective communication/#ixzz2IfLCU4bS * Business Dictionary. (n.d.). Retrieved January 24, 2013, from Businessdictionary.com: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/communication.html#ixzz2IfMUKQJl
Section 2:Barriers of Communication
Define Barriers as it refers to communication
A barrier to communication is an aspect such as physical separation, status differences, gender differences, cultural diversity, and language that can affect effective communication or cause communication not to be effective.
Physical Barriers to Communication
Physical barriers refer to disturbance in the immediate surroundings which can interfere in the course of an effective communication. Examples of Physical Barriers
3. Ignorance of media or channel
4. Physically Disabled
Physiological Barriers to Communication
Physiological barriers refer to sensory dysfunction either on the part of the sender or the receiver. Examples of Physiological Barriers
1. Visually impaired persons
2. Hearing impaired persons
3. Speaking Disorder
Psychological Barriers to Communication
Psychological barriers refers to barriers that will prevent a message from...